It is erotic and pornographic literature. Despite containing coarser terms, this book is better than «Fifty shades», by E. L. James. It is better than last one due to greater action and imagination, and best expression of feelings. However, this kind of literature serves more to erotic entertainment. And anyone looking for a lot of passion and action may find the book boring, because the author is lost in pornographic descriptions.
Some brands, places and quotes in the book:
Some brands, places and quotes in the book:
- «Baby-doll vintage» dress example:
- «(...), I’m glad about your architecture background. Your skill and knowledge in that field is undoubtedly what gives your artwork so much precision, depth, and style. (...).»
- Musee d'Archeologie Nationale et Domaine, Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France:
- «The St. Germain’s interior (...). Walking through the rooms gave the impression of going back in time to a posh, elegant, lived-in seventeenth-century palace showcasing priceless furnishings and incredible pieces of Grecian and Roman art.»
- Aphrodite of Argos:
- Herman Surenburg painting example («Spirit of the forest»). «It's about making meaning from chaos.», said Ian Noble:
- «She was an incredible beauty, after all. The fact that she seemed completely oblivious to her sexuality fascinated him.»
- «She became somber and formidable as a judge when she worked, all of her self-consciousness burned to mist by her brilliant talent and an uncommon grace that she didn't appear to know she possessed. She also was ignorant of her potent sexual appeal. He, on the other hand, was acutely aware of its promise and power. Unfortunately, he was equally conscious of her naïveté. He could practically smell it surrounding her; her innocence intermingled with an untested sexuality, creating a heady perfume that had set him off balance.»
- The Run Around, «Blues traveler», playing at McGill's.
- «Oh, an older soul I've never seen in such a wee one's eyes. (...) Serious. Eerily smart.», said Mrs. Hanson about Ian Noble.
- «Where’s the fun in planning for a tattoo? You’re supposed to wake up with a truly atrocious, supersleazy one in the morning and not have a clue how you got it the night before.», joked Justin.
- «You should always control the strengths you have available to you; never let them languish or, worse, allow others to be the ones to control them for you.», said Ian to Francesca.
- «It caused no greater shame than to express need, to make oneself vulnerable, and then to have that pure, honest emotion thrown back at you as if it were garbage.»
- «Was she so desperate, following a majority of life spent overweight, to have a man like Ian show desire for her that she was willing to sacrifice her dignity?»
- «Bach - Brandenburg concertos, (...). It seemed a perfect choice for Ian — the man and the music were both mathematically precise and intensely soulful.»
- Le Grand Véfour restaurant, Palais-Royal, in Paris:
- George V hotel, in Paris:
- «(...) a candlelit private terrace with a stunning view of the glowing lacework steel Eiffel Tower.», in George V hotel, Paris:
- Le Cinq, luxury restaurant located in the George V hotel, in Paris:
Papadimitriou, N. (2014). Meet some of the best restaurants in the world | Four Seasons | Trip and Travel Blog. [online] Tripandtravelblog.com. Available at: http://tripandtravelblog.com/meet-some-of-the-best-restaurants-in-the-world-four-seasons/ [Accessed 9 Oct. 2016].
- Art déco fountain of the Three Graces, in Paris:
- National Museum of Modern Art, in Paris:
- «I want you to know that I am far from being critical of your appearance. Whether you’re in pearls or your Cubs T-shirt, I find you to be extremely attractive. Perhaps you haven’t noticed?», said Ian to Francesca.
- «It’s a developmental milestone, getting your driver’s license, no different than taking your first step... (...)», said Ian.
- «If a woman recognizes her power, she can present herself in rags and people will recognize her as a queen.», said Ian to Franscesca.
- Lake Michigan, in Chicago:
Next Trip Tourism. (2013). Lake Michigan Tourist. [online] Available at: http://nexttriptourism.com/lake-michigan-tourism-chicago/lake-michigan-tourist/ [Accessed 14 Oct. 2016].
- Sixteen, «that's one of the nicest restaurants in the city [Chicago]! (...). Sixteen was housed in the Trump International Hotel & Tower, the dining room dominated by the modern, clean lines of cherrywood-paneled walls and an enormous, stunning Swarovski-crystal chandelier.»:
Trumpchicago.com. (2016). [online] Available at: https://www.trumpchicago.com/images/foreground/lifestyle-sixteen.jpg [Accessed 13 Oct. 2016].
Lorentz, W. (2016). [online] Chicagoarchitecture.info. Available at: http://www.chicagoarchitecture.info/CAI/Images/201108/TrumpInternationalHotelandTower-Chicago-00907-006a.jpg [Accessed 13 Oct. 2016].
- «Had she [Francesca] really believed she could expunge him from her mind and soul so easily because of anger? What was fury to the swelling, inexplicable feelings she had for him?»
- «(...) a cityscape painting she’d [Francesca] done of the Wrigley Building, the Union and Carbide Building (...).»:
Lund, K. (2013). [online] C2.staticflickr.com. Available at: https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3810/9179471547_84d7829790_b.jpg [Accessed 14 Oct. 2016].
- Lake Shore Drive, Chicago:
- «Oh, Naked Thieves are playing in Millennium Park tonight.», in Chicago:
- «— I really do spoil you. (...) I wouldn't do this for anyone else.I want you to know that [Ian]. (...) — That's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me [Francesca]»
- «The only thing she knew is that whatever Ian was doing in London, it caused him anguish, and that he’d chosen to protect others in his life from that pain./He would be furious at her, if, by some miracle, she ever actually located him. Yet she couldn’t stand the idea of him suffering alone in any way, and she had become utterly convinced that these “emergency” visits to London related to the spiritual demons that plagued him./Besides, if what was in London was destined to destroy whatever they might have together in the future, wasn’t it best just to find out now instead of delaying the inevitable?»
- «(...), she recalled that expression he wore once in a while that tore at her so deeply and bewildered her so much, the look of someone who not only had been abandoned and lost but who knew with certainty he would eventually be rejected again.»
- 330 North Wabash (formerly IBM Plaza also known as IBM Building and now renamed AMA Plaza) is a skyscraper in downtown Chicago:
Upload.wikimedia.org. (2016). 330 North Wabash. [online] Available at: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/2004-09-02_1580x2800_chicago_IBM_building.jpg [Accessed 16 Oct. 2016].
- «She shivered at the memory of Ian’s rough, quiet voice. How she missed him. It was like an open wound deep inside her, a place she couldn't reach in order to soothe.»
- «(...) He had seen her so well, even then, seen things in her she hadn’t. He’d cherished those things, cultivated her strengths (...)...»
- «A small string quartet played Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No. 2.»